Ever since I discovered the health wonders in drinking beef bone broth, I have become a preaching fanatic for the stuff. My second-hand slow cooker from Ebay that cost me a whole ten bucks made the endeavour to master the much haloed bone broth all the more sweeter. I was determined to make that liquid gold elixir turn into a gelatinous jell-O and wobble like it was Santa’s gluttonous belly on Christmas Eve. Would you believe it, on my first attempt I succeeded! And I’ve been making jelly-like, drool worthy, bone broth ever since!
So if you haven’t heard about it already, prepared to be amazed.
Here’s why I love beef bone broth:
1. I can get quality grass-fed beef soup bones for dirt cheap from the local butcher or the markets. It is SO cost effective!
2. It tastes freaking delicious (especially the recipe I’m sharing below!). That in itself is almost reason enough.
3. Beef Bone Broth (or any bone broth for that matter), is bursting with essential trace minerals, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, collagen and gelatin which is extracted from the bone marrow. These guys are awesome for strengthening your bones, reducing inflammation and for healthier skin and hair.
4. It’s said that beef bone broth has gut healing properties by nourishing the gut-lining. You can credit this to the copious amounts of gelatin that makes the bone broth turn into gelatinous jelly-like pudding (don’t worry, it ‘melts’ back to its liquid form when heated).
5. Not only all this (and there are more!), but because of the abundance of nutrients and amino acids in beef bone broth, specifically glycine, it reduces my need for meat proteins. Your consumption of muscle meat should be balanced with bone broth and organ meats to make sure your getting a balance of amino acids in your diet. Another BIG tick in my technical cost-benefit analysis.
So let’s get down to business already. I bet you are falling off the edge of your chair in anticipation to go make this!
This post was shared on “Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways“
Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost in full on any other website. That’s just not cool bro.